When Hajj is around the corner, you know you must adequately prepare for it. Women heading for this pilgrim, you want to ensure your packing list is up to the mark. This will ensure that you have a comfortable and hassle-free experience.
That is why we have created this guide – to highlight theessential items you need during Hajj, addressing both religious and practical needs. From attire to personal care items, our list ensures you won't overlook any essentials. This way, you focus on the spiritual significance of this journey.
That being said, here is a comprehensive packing list for women during Hajj.
What to Carry During Hajj? Comprehensive Guide
- Modest clothing and loose-fitting apparel
- Hijab – Make sure you carry many lightweighthijabs during this journey. It will be even better when you have the ones that do not absorb heat. A sleeved hijab will also work well during this period
- Abaya – Your Abaya should be lightweight, easy to wear and remove
- Cotton hijab hats – You wear them under your hijab so that it stays in place
- Leggings or thin trousers to wear underneath
- Underwear – Carry breathable cotton underwear or seamless ones so that you are extra comfortable during this time
- Sandals and closed shoes – Ensure you carry sandals and closed shoes. Typically, ensure that the shoes you wear will leave you comfortable
- Waterproof Socks
Personal Care and Hygiene
Of course, you cannot forget to carry personal care items during Hajj. Some of the things you might consider having at hand include:
- Unscented Hajj Package – This package contains unscented products such as soap, shampoo, and other personal care items
- Miswak Twig Stick – You want to ensure that you maintain good oral hygiene during the Hajj. This toothbrush is preferred because it is unscented.
- Unscented wipes, such as water wipes
- Vaseline – This will protect you when your thighs rub in the heat since you have a lot of walking to do
- Small pair of scissors to use when cutting the hair after Hajj
- Travel towel – make sure it travel size so that you do not have to walk around with a huge baggage
- Robe to use after showering
- Hair tie-backs
- Waterless hand wash liquid
- Hand towel
- Surgical masks to wear when out in crowds
- Unscented Sunscreen
- Pocket fan
Other Items to Consider Carrying
- Sunglasses and a hat to protect yourself from the intense sun during the day
- A prayer mat that should be lightweight and foldable to use during your prayer sessions
- Water bottle with water so that you stay hydrated throughout the process
- Pocket Quran since it’s easy to access and read during the journey
- Hajj and Umrah Guide – This will come in handy during the journey
- Dua and otherIslamic books
- Snacks – You can also opt to bring some snacks such as dried fruits and nuts to keep you going during the journey
Hajj is a significant journey every Muslim woman should engage in. It will not only transform you physically but also spiritually. To make it a success, you need to ensure that you have all thewomen hajj essentials you need in place. This way, you have a more focused and undistracted pilgrimage.
As you look to embark on this journey, check the list we have provided on what you must carry and include everything else you feel you need. Also, make sure to check out Jubbas for most of your Hajj essentials.