Are you searching for a miraculous skincare routine? What if we tell you that the secret lies in your kitchen? Well, not exactly the kitchen, but an ingredient that can be found in your pantry. We are talking about black seed oil.
Black Seed Oil - Overview
Black seed oil is extracted from a plant known as 'black cumin' or officially Nigella sativa. The plant is native to south and southwest Asia. In ancient times, it was used as a remedy by Egyptians who gave it the name “Pharaoh’s Oil”.
The magic of black seed oil lies in its content. The oil is rich in antioxidants, free-radical scavenging constituents including: thymoquinone, carvacrol, t-anethole, and 4-terpineol. These are known to protect the skin from harmful free-radicals present within the body as well as the environment. Radicals cause oxidative stress which can lead to premature signs of ageing including dullness, fine lines and wrinkles.
Here are some more reasons to trust blackseed oil for your skincare regime.
Benefits of Black Seed Oil for Your Skin
Here's the gist of what benefits black seed oil can bring to your skin -
- The oil is extremely nourishing as it is loaded with plant acids and essential fatty acids. These help in maintaining the lipid barrier of the skin as well as preventing it from drying out.
- The oil is a natural anti-histamine and anti-microbial which means that it not only nourishes your skin but also treats rashes caused by Eczema or even Psoriasis.
- The powerful antioxidant content of the oil is great for treating ageing. As we mentioned before, the thymoquinone in the black seed oil is an antioxidant that wards off radicals that lead to ageing. Free radicals usually destroy the skin by degradation and stealing oxygen from healthy skin. However, black seed oil works to fight such harmful processes giving you healthy skin.
- Furthermore, this incredible oil contains vitamin A and amino acids that reduce inflammation and acne scars. The anti-inflammatory properties of the oil are known to reduce the appearance of spots and acne by decreasing the redness and scarring caused by inflammation.
- In addition, the oil also contains astringent properties that can reduce the build-up of impurities on the skin surface. A recent study found that 20% black seed oil is more effective and safer than lotion with 5% benzoyl peroxide in treating mild to moderateacne vulgaris. This shows that black seed oil is a potent ingredient in regulating and keeping your skin away from blemishes.
- Black seed oil application has proven to be an effective plant remedy for treating premature ageing signs.
What To Take Away From This:
The lesser-known black seed oil is an amazing ingredient that should be included in your skincare routine. It helps to keep your skin away from ageing with its powerful antioxidants.
So, if you are planning to invest in a good quality black seed oil for healthy-looking skin, we can help you.Have a look at our collection of premium black seed oil that can give you the supple skin you have been dreaming about.