For centuries, women have used honey as a beauty treatment. This golden-hued, thick, and all-natural liquid acts like a magic-potion to achieve many health benefits and flaunt that much-desired radiant glow. The therapeutic and anti-inflammatory properties of honey makes it an ideal companion to treat your skin problems. Be it uneven skin tone or nasty acne issues, you can use honey as a remedy and seek the desired results - with no side effects!
In this article, we are going to discuss the simple ways for adding honey to your skincare regimen. These hacks are used by hundreds and thousands of people to create and enjoy a clean beauty ritual - so take note!
How to add honey to your skincare regimen?
Honey and lemon facial treatment
If you have acne breakouts, add this honey and lemon mask to your skincare regimen. To make this mask, follow the steps below.
- Slice the lemon in half - use one part, squeeze the fresh lemon juice.
- You’ll need one tablespoon of raw honey.
- Mix lemon juice and honey to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this mixture on your clean face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry your face.
Use this face mask once a week for best results.
Honey and tomato face mask
Honey and tomato work together to provide healthy skin. The reason is simple - antioxidants in the face mask inhibit free-radicals and help prevent cell damage!
- Puree a ripe half of a large tomato in a blender to smoothen.
- Add honey and mix it well.
- Apply the liquid on your clean face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave the mask for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off and pat dry your face.
Use this honey and tomato face mask twice a week for impressive results.
Honey and fuller's earth mask
Do you get frustrated with your oily skin?
Honey and fuller's earth mask can help you get rid of it. When combined, honey and fuller’s earth absorb excess sebum from the skin and leave it soft and glowing. The fuller’s earth absorbs excess oil and honey maintains the required moisture.
- Mix 1 big tablespoon of raw honey with 2 tablespoons of fuller’s earth to form a paste.
- Apply the paste evenly on the face and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water.
Apply twice or thrice a week for best results.
Honey and almond scrub
This scrub is perfect for all skin types. The grounded almonds exfoliate the skin while honey and the almond oil that's released both moisturize it.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of ground almonds to paste.
- Rub the paste gently on your face in a circular motion.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
Exfoliate your face with this homemade scrub once or twice a week. You can also use this scrub to exfoliate the whole body! (External use only)
Honey makeup remover
Honey, when mixed with a gentle oil, makes a good makeup remover.
Make an easy-to-apply mixture by combining honey with jojoba or coconut oil. Apply the mixture on your face avoiding the eye area. It loosens the makeup residue and unclogs the pores. Rinse it off after 2 minutes.
You see, honey is one of the best natural ingredients to add to your skincare regimen. You can try these honey-based ideas and give a boost to your skincare routine! Also, if you want to buy honey online, get the best quality all-natural honey at theJubbas store.