Where Clove Oil Comes From
Cloves are dried buds from a tree in the Myrtaceae family. Primarily harvested in Indonesia, cloves were thought to first originate in Syria, when they were discovered in a ceramic pot by archaeologists who predict the cloves date back to 1721 BC.
Today, clove oil is known for its benefits to oral health. This essential oil, which has been approved as a dental anaesthetic and, as mouthwash and gargle, can help relieve toothaches, as well as help fight mouth and throat infections. It is also added to pharmaceutical and dental products.
Uses of Clove Oil
The oil of clove s is known for its antimicrobial, antifungal, antiseptic, antiviral, aphrodisiac, and stimulant properties Apart from its positive effects in the field of dental care, it can also be used as a treatment for minor health concerns. Below are some of the most common uses of this plant oil
- Digestive aid – Cloves possess beneficial properties that help relax the smooth muscle lining in your gastrointestinal tract. When used as an oil, it can aid in halting digestive problems, like nausea and vomiting.
- Skin care product – When applied topically, clove s can help address skin problems like warts, acne, sagging skin, and wrinkles.
- Insect repellent – When used together with citrus essential oils, this plant oil can help ward insects away.
- Expectorant – Clove oil is also used to help ease respiratory problems, such as cough, colds, sinusitis, asthma, and tuberculosis. In fact, chewing on a clove is said to help sore throats.
- Antiseptic – It is applied topically to assist in addressing fungal infections, wounds, and cuts. It is also a common treatment for athlete's foot.
- Perfume ingredient – oil, with its strong and unique scent, is used in carnation, rose, and honeysuckle perfumes. It has a strong and unique scent.
- Flavoring agent – This is because of the oil's unique flavour and aroma.
- Soap ingredient – Clove oil is used in soaps not just for its fragrance, but also because of its relaxing and antiseptic qualities.
- Massage oil – It can be used to relieve pain and stress.